A. Booth & Sons Packing Company – 1884-1965
Presented by Bob Nelson.
This JMB presentation is a condensed biography of Bayfield’s largest ever purveyor of fish products in the Apostle Islands and outlying waters. The primary information source for this program was a series of articles (1884 – 1962) from the old Bayfield County Press.
You will learn about:
- Mr. Alfred Booth’s history
- Company tugboats and ships
- Booth’s role in the excursion business
- Long-time Operations Manager Justin A. Walstad
- The hired hands, fishermen, and fisherwomen employed with Booth
- A chronological ‘glance back” photo collage